Understanding The Power Of His Resurrection!
Signs & Wonders (Sunday, April 3, 2016)
Understanding The Power Of His Resurrection!
By David O. Oyedepo
That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death (Philippians 3:10).
From scriptures, we discover that the power of Jesus’ resurrection is ordained for the supernatural restoration of our redemptive dignity. As it is written: But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept. For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive (1 Corinthians 15:20-22).
As we all know, after the fall of Adam, man became exposed to the vices of the devil, including death. However, through the resurrection power, that which was lost in the first Adam was restored by the second Adam, Jesus Christ. Therefore, the resurrection of Jesus is not a doctrine or a story, but the supernatural manifestation of God’s ultimate power. This was practically illustrated at the death of Christ on the Cross. As it is written:
Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost. And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent; And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many (Matthew 27:50-53).
Remember the Bible says that the last enemy that shall be destroyed is death; that was practically demonstrated at resurrection. Furthermore, Jesus said, “I am the resurrection and the life.” This resurrection power, in a figure, was in manifestation at the tomb of Lazarus. As the resurrection power was enforced, Lazarus who was already stinking came forth and became a shining testimony. That is the core essence of the resurrection power?the restoration of our human dignity (John 11:17-44; 1 Corinthians 15:26, 55-57).
Let’s examine some benefits of the resurrection power.
The power of His resurrection is ordained to:
- Turn our defeat to victory: It is written: O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ (1 Corinthians 15:55-57).
The death of Jesus Christ on the Cross of Calvary and His resurrection marked the end of our defeat. Through this, we were supernaturally transformed from defeat to victory. Therefore, by the power of His resurrection, the last defeat you saw is the last you will ever see!
- From captivity to liberty: The Bible says: Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality (Matthew 27:50-53).
- It turns our filthiness to holiness: As it is written: So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption (1 Corinthians 15:42).
That means, every deadly habit inflicted by the enemy to destroy our destinies, is destroyed by the power of Christ’s resurrection. Paul speaking concerning the resurrected Christ said: That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death (Philippians 3:10).
In other words, the power of Jesus’ resurrection makes us conformable to the newness of life that He offers.
- It turns our shame to glory: It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power (1 Corinthians 15:43).
Jesus’ mockers spat on His face, placed a crown of thorns on His head and made Him a laughing stock for passersby, but He was raised in glory. Therefore, the power of Jesus’ resurrection is ordained to restore our glory.
- Sown in weakness but raised in power: The Bible speaking of Jesus said: It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body (1 Corinthians 15:44).
Remember, we were buried and raised together with Christ, and made to sit with Him in heavenly places. That means we were raised with a spiritual body. Therefore, just as demons ‘demonize’ people, the resurrection power ‘spiritualises’ or ‘divinizes’ our mortal bodies.
In other words, the resurrection power emboldens God’s people dangerously. As it is written: And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all (Acts 4:33).
- From natural to supernatural: By the power of Jesus’ resurrection, we are not permitted to live a natural life. This is because His resurrection translates us from the natural realm to the supernatural. Concerning Jesus, the Bible says: It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body (1 Corinthians 15:44).
By the power of Jesus’ resurrection, we move from the terrestrial to the celestial where we operate by His spiritual Body, and death comes under our feet, practically (Romans 8:11; see also Philippians 2:5-13).
- From failure to breakthrough: The Bible says: And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen (Matthew 28:18-20).
- From sickness to health: But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you (Romans 8:11).
- Resurrection is our translation from death to life: The Bible says: I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death(Revelation 1:18; see also John 14:19).
From the above scripture, we understand that the key of death is not in the hand of the devil. That means he has no right to determine our lifespan.
We also discover from scriptures that after the resurrection of Jesus, death constitutes no more threat to us because what actually kills is the fear of death. As it is written: Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil; And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage (Hebrews 2:14-15).
Thus, Christ delivered us from death so that we can be free from the fear of death; that is what the resurrection power does. However, it is important to know that the moment we subscribe to the fear of death, we become its next victim.
Without the fear of death, we are never candidates for death. Remember, fear always brings a snare and exposes us to the manipulations and wickedness of the wicked. However, the good news is that the power of Jesus’ resurrection has delivered us supernaturally (1 John 4:18-19).
Let’s recognize that the power of resurrection is the demonstration of the exceeding great power of God that no force of darkness can resist. This is why the resurrection of Christ generates infallible proofs. After the resurrection of Christ, the Bible records: To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God (Acts 1:3).
From the above scripture, we understand that after Jesus’ resurrection, He appeared to many within 40 days, opening the mysteries of the Kingdom as it relates to them. This is why, in the next 40 days, beginning from Easter Sunday, we will experience undeniable encounters with the resurrected Lord that will culminate in our undeniable change of levels! Remember, every encounter with the Lord opens a new chapter to God’s people. Therefore, I decree the opening of several new chapters in your life within the next 40 days in Jesus’ name! Remain ever blessed!
Jesus is Lord!
- By the power of resurrection, every aspect of your life that constitutes shame and reproach is now reverted to glory and virtue!
- Today, every form of grave where any aspect of your life is buried is declared open!
- By the power of Jesus’ resurrection, the giant in you will bounce back to life!
- Whatever cannot challenge God’s power bows in your life today!
- Every deadly habit holding you in bondage is cursed from the root in the name of Jesus!
- Every form of weakness in your life is converted to power!
- The last challenge on your health is the last you will see!
- By the power of Jesus’ resurrection, what men have termed impossible becomes your testimony today!