What You Must Know About Winners’ Chapel International
This Ministry was birthed by a heavenly vision delivered on the 2nd of May 1981 to Bishop (Dr) David O. Oyedepo with a task of liberating the World from all oppressions of the devil through the preaching of the Word of Faith.
The mandate “The hour has come to liberate the world from all oppressions of the devil through preaching of the word of faith and I am sending you to undertake this task.”
This Commission has flourished and blossomed resulting in the birth of vibrant churches all over the world called Winners Chapel International, Dominion Publishing House, Word of Faith Bible Institute, Covenant University, Land Mark University among others. The headquarters of the church is situated in Canaanland, Lagos Nigeria with many branches including Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, South Africa, USA, UK etc.
Today, testimonies of liberation through our services, messages, books, tapes, CDs, DVDs, fliers and even outreaches are most humbling. The word of faith is working like fire for the liberation of mankind across this nation.
The testimonies from this church have attracted both multitudes to join the church as faithful members, and also high level of opposition from the pit of hell.
Satan and his agents have maliciously labeled the church as “illuminati”, “FreeMason” and even “Devil Worshiping Church”. This is an old strategy of satan the enemy of the church but he has never and he shall never prevail.
Jesus the founder and the builder of the Church spoke concerning satanic opposition in Matthew 16:18:
“And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.”
Jesus Himself was wrongfully accused of casting out demons and working miracles by the power of Beelzebub the chief of devils.
“But some of them said, He casteth out devils through Beelzebub the chief of the devils.” – Lk.11:15
Apostle Paul was accused of being a mover of sedition and ringleader of a sect.
“For we have found this man a pestilent fellow, and a mover of sedition among all the Jews throughout the world, and a ringleader of the sect of the Nazarenes:” – Act.24:5
None of such evil accusation had ever stalled or diminished the growth of the Church of Jesus Christ.
The truth is that, if they did this to Jesus the owner of the church, and to Apostle Paul the pattern son, they can do it to any minister or any ministry.
Any wonder why churches today are being maligned and vilified by some satanic agents.
Winners Chapel Internationals is NOT and is in NO any way associated with:
- A Cult
- A Secret Society
- Devil Worshiping
- Human Sacrifice etc.
We do not in any way have fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness and there is nothing secretive about our operations.
Contrary to this, Winners Chapel International operates openly:
- Our church services and programs are open to all members of the public
- We go for public outreaches during the day almost on daily basis.
- We run an international Bible School on monthly basis and it is open to the public, all denominations and men and women of all walks of life.
- Our Sunday and weekday services are open to the public.
- Our Sermons are available on the internet either LIVE or in Archive, and they can be watched or downloaded free of charge.
WHAT WE BELIEVE!
Below are the tenets of our faith in other words what we believe and stand for:
- THE SCRIPTURES
The Bible is the inspired Word of God, the product of Holy men of old who spoke and wrote, as the Holy Spirit moved them. The New Covenant as recorded in the New Testament is our infallible guide in matters pertaining to conduct and doctrine. (2 Tim.3: 16, I Thes. 2: 13; 2 Pet. 1 21)
- THE GODHEAD
Our God is one, but manifested in three persons the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit being co-equal. (1 John 5:7)
God the Father is greater than them all, the sender of the Word (Logos) and the Begetter. (John 14:28, John 16:28, John 1:14)
The Son is the Word flesh covered, the only begotten that has existed with the Father from the beginning (John 1:14, John 1:18, John 1:1).
The Holy Spirit proceeds forth from both the Father and the Son and is eternal. (John 15:26)
- MAN, HIS FALL AND REDEMPTION
Man is a created being made in the image and likeness of God but through Adam’s transgression and fall; sin came into the world. Jesus Christ, the Son of God was manifested to undo the works of the devil and He gave his life and shed His blood to redeem and restore man to God. (Rom. 3:23; Rom 3:10; 1 John 3:8) Salvation is the gift of God to man, and is made operative by grace through faith in Jesus Christ, producing good works acceptable to God. (Eph. 2: 8)
- ETERNAL LIFE AND THE NEW BIRTH
Man’s first step toward salvation is godly sorrow that worketh repentance. The new birth is necessary to all men and when experienced, produces external life.( John 3:3-5; 1 John 5:12)
- WATER BAPTISM
Baptism by immersion is a direct commandment of our Lord, and it is for believers only. The ordinance is a symbol of the believer’s identification with Christ in His death, burial and resurrection. (Math. 28:19; Rom 6:4; Col 2:12; Act 8:36-39
- BAPTISM IN THE HOLY GHOST
The baptism in the Holy Ghost and fire is a gift by God as promised by the Lord Jesus Christ to all believers in this dispensation and is received subsequent to the new birth. This experience is accompanied by the initial speaking in other tongues as the Holy Spirit Himself gives utterance (Matt.3:11; Jn.14:16-17; Acts1:8; 2:38-39; 19:1-7; 2:4)
The Bible teaches that without holiness no man can see the Lord. We believe in the doctrine of sanctification as a definite, yet progressive work of grace, commencing at the time of regeneration and continuing until the consummation of salvation at Christ’s return. (Heb. 12:14; 1 Thess. 5:23; 2 Peter 3:18, 2 Corth. 3:18; Philp. 3:12-14; 1 Corth 1:30)
- SIGNS & WONDERS
Through insight into New Testament mysteries (Mk 4:11; 1 Corth. 2:10) such as:
– Laying on of hands to impart the gifts of God.
(2 Tim 6:6; Deut. 34:9).
– Holy Communion (1Corth. 11:23-24)
– Anointing people and things with oil (Mk 6:13; Exod. 30:25-31)
– Feet Washing (John 13:3-10)
– Anointing Clothing Materials (Acts 1911-12)
– Blood of Sprinkling (1Corth. 5:7; Exod. 12:1-25)
– Prophetic Utterance (Isa. 44:26; Mk 11:23)
- DIVINE HEALING
Healing is for the physical illness of the human body and is wrought by the power of God through the prayer of faith, and by the laying on of hands. It is provided for in the atonement of Christ, and is the privilege of every member of the church today. James 5:14-15; Mark 16: 18 Isaiah 53:4-5; Math 8:17; 1 Peter 2:24
- RESURRECTION OF THE JUST AND RETURN OF OUR LORD
The angel said to Jesus’ disciples “.. this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven”. His coming is imminent. When He comes. “.. the dead in Christ shall rise first. Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air”. (Acts 1:11; 1 Thess 4:16-17). Following the tribulation, He shall, return to earth as King of Kings, and Lord of Lords, and together with His saints, who shall be kings and priests, He shall reign a thousand years. (Rev. 20:6)
- HELL AND ETERNAL RETRIBUTION
The one who physically dies in his sins without accepting Christ is hopeless and eternally lost in the Lake of Fire and, therefore has no future hope of hearing the Gospel or repenting. The Lake of Fire is literal. The terms “eternal” and “everlasting” used in describing the duration of the punishment of the damned in Lake of Fire, carry the same thought and meaning of endless existence as used in denoting the joy and ecstasy of saints in the God. (Heb. 9:27; Rev. 19:20).
The Bible tells us “My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.” – Hosea 4:6.
It is important for us to sound the following scriptural based warning to rescue innocent people from destruction.
- One should never shift the glory of God to satan. (Isaiah 48:11). The hand of God is clearly visible in all that is happening in Winners’ Chapel International and it is risky to attribute that to satan.
- The Bible warns us not to have fellowship with the unfruitful work of darkness.
“And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.” – Ephesians 5:11
- There is one sin that cannot be forgiven: The sin against the Holy Spirit. It is blasphemous for anyone to speak against the work of God by the Holy Spirit Matt. 12:31“And whosoever shall speak a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but unto him that blasphemeth against the Holy Ghost it shall not be forgiven.” – Luke 12:10The numerous miracles, healings, deliverances and salvations are orchestrated by the Holy Spirit. It is therefore blasphemous for anyone to claim that these are the handwork of the devil and thereby committing a heinous sin against the Holy Spirit.We want to admonish everyone who has been engaging in such blasphemous acts to desist from it forthwith.
Visit our websites www.davidoyedepoministries.org; www.winnersnairobi.org