- The psalmist declares,
“Oh Lord my God, early will I seek thee…to see thy power and thy glory” – Psalm 63: 1-3
- The Word of God also asserts, “they that seek me early shall find me” – Proverbs 8:17, Isaiah 26:9
- Every advancement of man places specific demands on his life – Deuteronomy 28:1, 1 Corinthians 15:10
- There is no substitute for prayer in our quest for empowerment and advancement in life – Luke 14:1-14, 18, 37, Isaiah 66:7-8
- There is also no substitute to engaging the prayer altar in our crave for heaven on earth experience – Luke 3:21-22, Luke 9:28-35
- We are also admonished in scriptures to “seek the Lord while he my be found and call upon Him while He is near” – Isaiah 55:6
- Interestingly, we discover from scriptures that God has a morning by morning appointment with His people – Lamentations 3:23, Isaiah 50:4, Malachi 3:6
Looking at some Patriarchs of Faith
The following Patriarchs made the most of their early morning hours in seeking the face of God:
- Abraham, our covenant father – Genesis 19:27, john 8:39
- Job, the great businessman – Job 1:1-5
- Moses, the Prophet – Exodus 34:4
- David, the King – Psalm 63:1, Psalm 143:8
- and many more…
The bible further admonishes us “not to be slothful but followers of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises” (Hebrews 6:12).
- Therefore, we have a covenant obligation to maintain an effectual prayer altar both as a commission and as individuals in order to see God’s plan and purpose come to pass in our lives.
- We also understand that the early church thrived supernaturally on the platforms of prayer and the ministry of the Word – Acts 2:42, Acts 6:3-4
- It is in the light of all the above that the Covenant Hour of Prayer is being introduced to all our churches worldwide.
- The schedule shall be a one-hour prayer time to be held daily (Monday – Saturday) from 5:30 am – 6:30 am.
- A 6:00 am – 7:00 am option shall apply in locations with security or any other concerns.
But why must we gather together in Church and not in our individual homes?
- God has the right to determine where to keep appointment with His people – Deuteronomy 12:13-14, Genesis 22:1-5;
- Zion, that is, the Church is God’s appointed place for His people in the New Testament – Psalm 132:13-14, Acts 3:1;
- Zion, the Church, is our God appointed service station for holiness, deliverance and for possessing our possessions – Obadiah 1:17, 21, Hebrews 12:22-24
Furthermore, Christ’s presence is guaranteed when we gather together in His name and He honours whatever we agree to in prayers – Matthew 18:19-20
I believe that this Covenant Hour of Prayer shall surely usher this Commission into higher realms of dominion, drafting multitudes into the Church through the wonders of answered prayers. As it is written,
“Thus saith the Lord of hosts; It shall yet come to pass, that there shall come people, and the inhabitants of many cities: AND THE INHABITANTS OF ONE CITY SHALL GO TO ANOTHER, SAYING, LET US GO SPEEDILY TO PRAY BEFORE THE LORD, AND TO SEEK THE LORD OF HOSTS: I WILL GO ALSO” – Zechariah 8:20-221
As a result of this Hour of Prayer, heaven on earth and wonders without end shall become the new realm of every Winner all through the year 2015 and beyond.
The ultimate of this prayer movement is to stir s sustainable awakening and revival across our church network worldwide, resulting in a wave of manifestation of the Sons of God.
Therefore, in the name of God the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost, Covenant Hour of Prayer is hereby flagged off for the advancement of both this Commission and the individual members of the Winners’ family worldwide beginning from Monday, 16th March, 2015.
Jesus is Lord!