Signs & Wonders (Sunday, January 31, 2016)
Provoking Speedy Fulfilment of Prophecies Through Kingdom Advancement Endeavour!
By David O. Oyedepo
…Why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin: And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith? Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you (Matthew 6:28-33).
From scriptures, we discover that Kingdom advancement endeavour is the master key to a world of speedy fulfilment of prophecies. For instance, in the above scripture, Jesus said that the glory of the lilies on the field is greater than all the wealth of Solomon put together. He further said that when we seek God’s Kingdom and His righteousness first, we would experience the same dimension of glory as lilies. This helps to understand that Kingdom advancement endeavour is our guaranteed access to greater realms of glory, than those of Solomon.
We must also understand that when Jesus said: “…And all these things shall be added unto you,” He meant that the prophecy of our glory surpassing that of Solomon, shall come to pass speedily. This is why I know that God’s prophetic agenda of From Glory To Glory for us this year, shall come to pass suddenly, as we diligently engage in Kingdom advancement endeavour.
Let’s examine Kingdom advancement endeavours that Jesus ordained every believer to engage in.
- Every believer is ordained to be a soul winner: We understand from scriptures that every child of God is enlisted in the ministry of reconciliation, where he/she is empowered to reconcile lost souls to God. As it is written: And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation (2 Corinthians 5:18; see also John 15:1-2; Acts 1:8).
In other words, we are representing Jesus on earth in the ministry of seeing souls saved and established in the Kingdom (2 Corinthians 5:20).
However, it is important to know that soul winning is neither a calling nor a gift, but a commandment from God to every believer. Jesus speaking to His disciples said: Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you (John 15:16).
“Fruit” in the above scripture implies ‘souls’. That means, when we bring souls into the Kingdom and see them established, God answers all our prayers speedily; which includes fulfilment of prophecies. This is because nothing touches God’s heart like seeing souls saved (Luke 15:10).
Furthermore, Jesus said to His disciples that the wealth of the entire world is nothing compared to the worth of a saved soul (Matthew 16:26).
This means that God will pay anything for a soul saved and established in His Kingdom. Remember, God specializes in taking people from a dunghill state to their high places. Therefore, as we engage the Kingdom mystery of soul winning, I see God changing our levels supernaturally this year, in the name of Jesus! (Psalms 113:7-8)
What are the benefits that accrue to us in soul winning?
- It empowers our access to realms of supernatural supplies: Jesus speaking to His disciples said: And he said unto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shoes, lacked ye anything? And they said, Nothing (Luke 22:35; see also Matthew 6:31-33).
Like I humorously say, if the disciples had lacked anything, Thomas the doubter would have spoken out loud, but he didn’t. That means, when Jesus sent His disciples out for soul winning, all their needs were met supernaturally. This helps us to understand that supernatural supply is one of the blessings that accompany every committed soul winner. It is also important to know that when matters of God’s Kingdom occupy our hearts, God automatically takes over every issue of concern in our lives (1 Kings 8:17-18).
- It makes stars of believers: It is written: The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise (Proverbs 11:30).
Again, the Bible says: And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars forever and ever (Daniel 12:3).
This implies that we don’t need any man to emerge as stars; all we need to do is align with God’s instruction of soul winning. For instance, based on scientific discovery, the moon never struggles to shine; it just aligns at a particular angle to the sun and shines without sweat. The moon does not generate any heat, yet it enjoys global reference. In the same vein, Jesus is the Sun of righteousness; when we align with His demand of soul winning, we emerge as stars without sweat or struggles. That’s what makes soul winning the master key to the supernatural advancement of the saints.
- Soul winning endue believers with honour: It is written: In the multitude of people is the king’s honour: but in the want of people is the destruction of the prince (Proverbs 14:28).
“King” in the above scripture refers to God. That means every time we bring souls into God’s Kingdom, we are honouring Him. Again the Bible says: Wherefore the Lord God of Israel saith, …them that honour me I will honour, and they that despise me shall be lightly esteemed (1 Samuel 2:30).
In other words, when we honour God by bringing multitudes of souls into His vineyard, we commit Him to honour us in return.
- It endues us with the Spirit of glory: Every Kingdom promoter is entitled to glory. Remember the Bible says: Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples (John 15:8)
This means, “bearing much fruit” which also implies bringing souls to God’s Kingdom, glorifies Him in heaven. The Bible says: If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified (1 Peter 4:14 see also Psalms 69:9; Mark 8:38; Hebrews 13:13).
In other words, when we go out for soul winning, bearing God’s reproach, He releases His Spirit of glory that terminates every trace of shame and reproach in our lives. In addition, it is important to know that mockery, among others, is our highway to glorification. For instance, Jesus was spat on, on His way to the Cross; but today, He sits at the right hand of God. Likewise, until we endure the mockery of men, we cannot receive the impartation of God’s Spirit of glory.
- Soul winning makes nobles out of common men: The Bible says: And their nobles shall be of themselves, and their governor shall proceed from the midst of them; and I will cause him to draw near, and he shall approach unto me: for who is this that engaged his heart to approach unto me? saith the Lord (Jeremiah 30:21; see also Psalms 102:13-16).
Every time we wholeheartedly engage in Kingdom advancement endeavour such as soul winning, God makes nobles and governors out of us. The Bible further says: Their children also shall be as aforetime, and their congregation shall be established before me, and I will punish all that oppress them (Jeremiah 30:20).
That means when we are out for Jesus, it impacts on our children positively and God continually punishes our oppressors.
- Soul winning, among others, guarantees healthy living: Sound health is one of the fundamental returns of soul winning. This is because every soul winner is an ambassador of Christ ordained to reconcile the world to God and the Bible says: …a faithful ambassador is health (Proverbs 13:17; see also John 15:1-2).
- Soul winning entitles us to favour with God, which includes: miracle marriage and children (Proverbs 18:22; Luke 1:28).
- Another Kingdom advancement endeavour that Jesus commanded every believer to engage in is a life of prayer and fasting: Praying Kingdom advancement prayer is one of the ministries of every believer. When Jesus was teaching His disciples on how to pray, he said: After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven (Matthew 6:9-10 see also Luke 18:1; 1 Thessalonians 5:17).
“Thy Kingdom come” here helps us to understand that praying Kingdom advancement prayer is God’s commandment. Therefore, we must have a scheduled prayer life for God’s Kingdom. Jesus also said: Moreover when ye fast, be not, as the hypocrites, of a sad countenance: for they disfigure their faces, that they may appear unto men to fast. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. But thou, when thou fastest, anoint thine head, and wash thy face (Matthew 6:16-17).
From the above scripture, it is important to note that the Bible did not say, “If ye fast”, but “When ye fast.” That means fasting is also a commandment from God. Therefore, our prayer for the Kingdom must be coupled with fasting in order to maximally deliver the benefits therein. Remember the Bible says, this kind goes not but by prayer and fasting (Matthew 17:21; 2 Corinthians 11:27).
But, what are we praying for?
First, we must understand that advancing God’s Kingdom on earth means confronting the gates of hell. God speaking to Peter said: …I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it (Matthew 16:18).
This helps us to know that only God can grow churches and resist the gates of hell at the same time. Thus, we must engage Kingdom advancement prayers to bring God’s hand to bear on our Kingdom advancement endeavours. Our prayer must therefore include:
- Praying for souls to be saved and established in the Church (Isaiah 66:7-8; Luke 11:21-22; Galatians 4:19; Colossians 4:12).
- Praying for the Holy Ghost to take over the harvest fields, as He convicts, converts and drafts multitudes to the church by His wind (Isaiah 5:26; Acts 2:2, 6).
- Praying for signs and wonders that will bring people to their knees as they surrender their lives to Christ (John 4:48; Acts 3:6-16, 5:12-14, 9:34-35).
- Praying for increase in revelation of God’s Word for the church to keep advancing (Matthew 24:28; Ephesians 6:18-19; 2 Thessalonians 3:1).
- Praying for the needs of the brethren to be met, so they can be established and settle with Christ (Genesis 20:17; Job 42:10; Psalms 23:1-6; Ephesians 6:8; Philippians 1:19).
Having established that fasting and prayer for Kingdom advancement is God’s commandment, we must understand that every investment in God’s Kingdom guarantees open rewards (Matthew 6:6). Therefore, let’s get committed to Kingdom advancement endeavour this year and watch God distinguish us by fulfilling every prophecy spoken in our direction. Your portion will not be lost to disobedience in Jesus’ name! Remain every blessed!
Jesus is Lord!
This year, your secret investment in prayer and fasting towards God’s Kingdom shall be openly rewarded!
This year marks the end of all your struggles!
From today, you and your generation will never be listed among beggars!
As you make soul winning your lifestyle, honour will trail you in every aspect of your life!
That grounded business jerks back to life now!
This is your week of testimonies!
This shall be your year of unusual speed in every aspect of your life in the name of Jesus!
Every air of misfortune around your life is destroyed in Jesus!